Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Last Few Days

The last few days have been very diffiuclt.
Ciarrah is doing better with the potty thing. She holds it til she feels like going, sometimes she wets her pants, but shes doing pretty good. She wont poop in the potty. I hear that alot of kids dont want to poop in the potty. But at least for right now we are making some good progress. Which I am very pleased about. Its nice only having to change one kids diaper. She has even for the most part stayed dry over night! Hooray for her! I'm so proud of her.
Cooper is doing okay. I took him to Childrens over the weekend cause he was acting a little lathergic and still spitting up alot, and I was sick of getting no where with the doctors in the ER here. So we went to Children's and we actually saw a doctor who finally gave a real answer to what is wrong with my little man. He has the same thing as what my brother did, if ya'll dont know what that is. Basically the doctor told me that the muscle at the end of his esophagus isnt very strong so its not working with the valve to open and shut properly. He told me that he has a severe case of this and theres nothing they can do, but just wait and he'll grow out of. Im so glad a doctor finally gave me an answer and a positive to everything now. I mean we just get to wait, but he said it should be maybe 3-4 months and he may be doing alot better. So this is great news.
On to some more good news. Cooper and Ciarrah finally slept in the same room. Cooper finally slept in his crib. He went to bed and so did Ciarrah around 8pm and Cooper slept til 5am and ate and went back to sleep. Ciarrah slept til around 9am. So really I had a great night sleep. Well except for my 3am phone call from Iraq that I get every night.
Speaking of Iraq. Michael is doing as well as can be expected. He actually today had to start doing missions. But they are only 5 hours long and only 6 days a week. So its better than last time he was there. Which I'm happy about. We get to talk everyday by using Skype and the web cam which is awesome, and its so cheap for him to. It costs us like 6 dollars a month for unlimited calling, and he has voicemail so we can call him whenever we want even if hes not there we can still leave a message. Hooray! Today he got my care package that I sent to him on the 6Th. I'm so impressed with the postal service, because he said it took him 2 weeks or longer last time to get packages. But he was so excited. Cause that meant he got sheets and a blankey since hes been using a sleeping bag. He also said that he made all the guys in his room jealous. Cause when I sent the box, I doused it in perfume. He said that you really could smell, it so now his room smells like a woman was there lol. He says every time someone walks by his bunk he asks them if they want to smell his box lol. I'm so happy that I made his day. lol.
I guess that's really all the news right now other than its freezing cold. I'm ready to be heading back to Texas where its warm.
We'll I hope everyone has a great day and rest of the week.
If anyone has any ideas on how to make cookies stay fresh for a weeks journey to Iraq I'm all ears!!!

No comments: