Thursday, May 28, 2009

Moving...ugh...

Well we will be moving in 2 months. I am so excited. I can't wait to get back to Texas. I miss living in my own house with my own things! Well my excitement is very short lived, only because I can't figure out to move the kids and our stuff down there. I had every intention of renting one of those U-Haul trailers and hooking it up to the back of my car. Well when I told my husband this, he had a meltdown. He told me no, because it would wreck his "baby". He loves this car and I understand that, but man. I just don't have enough stuff to rent a U-haul truck and move it down there. I am torn with what to do. I don't know if I should just fit as much as I can in the car and mail the rest down, and then just buy a crib and mattress and all the other stuff that we need. I am just torn with what to do. Ahh I am in need of a great master plan. Any ideas. Well off to more planning and thinking and packing.
~UPDATE~
My dad has offered to drive my stuff down in his van the weekend after I leave and bring it down to me. So that solves my problem. Now I don't have to worry about getting rid of stuff and finding new stuff. That is a lot easier on me. I don't have that much stuff, so it will all fit in the back of his van!! Then I am hiring a moving company to move all my stuff from storage into our house on post!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you have a friend that could maybe help out? You could always just sell you furniture you have in NE and then use the money to buy new stuff in TX?

Cimi said...

I agree with Brenna. Sell what you have then new stuff in TX. Good Luck!

Sheree said...

i vote with new stuff

Cimi said...

As in Dad do you mean my brother? Who is helping you move on post? The army?