Friday, January 29, 2010

New Kitty

Well today we went to the animal shelter on post. We were looking for a kitty. I was told by a friend that they were better priced and sometimes have some really cute animals so we went. Michael, Cooper and I since they close at 3 and are not open on weekends, Ciarrah didn't get to help.

When we got there, we walked into the cat room, and they had about 10 to choose from. I saw a couple I really liked. But I really liked the calico looking one. At the time we didn't know age or gender. We only wanted a girl and it had to be under 1 year old. So I asked and well she was only 4 months. So they took her out, and she was missing a back paw. I felt bad for her. I asked them if it affected her when she walked, ran that sort of thing. So they put her down and she walks and runs, as if it were there. She hobbles a bit, but I didn't care. I really liked her. The lady looked hesitant to tell us about her leg, I am guessing because she has been turned away before. But I didn't care, she was a very sweet cat, and she has been in a foster home at night :)



So we decided to get her. It took about an hour or so, after the paperwork was done. We named her Kyra. We brought her home and she ran, of course. They told us that she would be a bit timid. She has been getting better as the night went on. She is alittle scared of Ciarrah, I think she moves too fast for Kyra. I am really glad that we got her, as Michael doesn't really "like" cats so well. But I think she will be a good thing for our family.

We hope everyone has a great weekend. As we will as long as it doesn't rain :)

1 comment:

Sheree said...

nice new look for a new year
thanks